Student Funding and Opportunities in Civil and Environmental Engineering
Bassett Engineering is recruiting for Entry Level Engineers. Bassett Engineering is a state-of-the-art civil and environmental engineering firm located in Williamsport, PA. We pride ourselves on providing cost-effective and unique solutions to our client’s problems by applying proven technology in innovative arrangements. We are a rapidly growing firm composed of engineers, construction inspectors, surveyors, and support staff. To learn more about our company please see the attached flyer and visit our website at www.bassetteng.com
Bassett is looking to hire Entry Level Engineers for full-time positions for the summer of 2023. To apply for this position, see our careers tabs on our website or the job listings on indeed. Links to each are below.
Bassett Engineering Website: https://bassetteng.com/company/careers-2/
Civil Engineer-In-Training (EIT)
The Engineer in Training (EIT) will perform entry-level assistance with the planning, design, and permitting of civil engineering land development projects including Commercial, Residential, Industrial, and Municipal projects in a continuous learning environment.
- Perform engineering work under the direction of a Project Manager or Assistant Project Manager
- Work independently or as a member of a team on engineering projects, investigations, and preparation of plans.
- Assist in the preparation of Engineering construction documents for residential and commercial developments to include: site layouts, grading, drainage, utilities, earthwork, soil erosion and sediment control, and civil/site permitting
- Assist with the preparation and modification of reports, plans, applications, and cost estimates.
- Maintain accurate records, notes and other required documentation for assigned projects
- Ensure that assigned projects are completed within the guidelines established by local, state, and federal laws, regulations, standards, and/or policies
- Utilize a variety of computer software applications such as Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Attend training for professional development purposes
- Conform to the company’s standard CAD procedures for layering, etc., and standard drawing procedures.
- Work with project teams including Engineers, Designers and other Drafters to ensure coordination of design effort to ensure project completion.
- Address assignments of increased difficulty as proficiency is increased.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college.
- 0-1 years of experience
- EIT Certification preferred.
- Understanding of Civil Engineering as it pertains to Land Development.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Knowledge of hydrologic or hydraulic software is a plus (HydraFlow, HydroCAD, StormCAD, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, of similar).
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and assume increased responsibilities.
- Ability to work as a team player and interact well with others.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Yosef Portnoy P.E., P.P., C.M.E., C.F.M
Director of Land Development Services
Forward Engineering, PLLC
GEOTECHNICAL STAFF ENGINEER METROPOLITAN NY/NJ OFFICE
As a GEODesign employee, you can expect to work on challenging projects that will include all facets of geotechnical engineering, including foundation designs, subsurface explorations, rock engineering, dam engineering, blast engineering, support of excavation and underpinning, secant pile walls, tieback anchors, instrumentation, vibration monitoring, and value engineering. We have been retained as a consultant for hundreds of infrastructure projects, including all types of buildings, highways, bridges, dams, levees, retaining walls, rock slopes, and bulkheads. More Details Here
The responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Special inspection of test borings, test pits, subgrade, drilled and driven piles, SOE systems, and underpinning.
- Work with senior engineersto perform engineering calculations and prepare geotechnical reports and proposals.
- Maintain a professional image and be respectful to everyone.
- Remain flexible to serve as a cross-disciplinary resource to best serve GEODesign’sneeds.
The requirements of this position include the following:
- Minimum Bachelors Degree of Science in Civil Engineering.
- Entry to two years of geotechnical or civil engineering experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is preferred.
- Possess reliable transportation to access project sites and have a valid drivers license.
GEODesign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
HDR - We add value by designing smart. - We have the skills and ability to tailor our approach to each situation, to deliver our best work.
We’re inspired to connect. - We offer a variety of ways to connect with our vast network of people to find your place and shape the trajectory of your career. Our goal isn’t just to reach the next milestone. We enable you to grow your talent and flourish — helping our clients to change the world for the better.
Here is the HDR career website that lists our current openings- https://www.hdrinc.com/careers
IH Engineers PC located at 103 College Road E, Princeton NJ is currently seeking an Entry Level Civil Engineer with a focus on Bridge engineering to work with their structural engineering team based in the corporate Princeton office or Manhattan office. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual who wants to be on a team of outstanding professionals. The candidate should be a critical thinker and have the subject knowledge to solve engineering problems. The individual should also possess a certain level of creativity in order to present innovative solutions and improvements to technical processes. On-the-job training will be provided as the role progresses through different projects, but the candidate must be able to effectively communicate ideas, make recommendations, and negotiate project details with their team.
· 0-3 years of experience preferred but not mandatory
· Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or a related field, from an accredited Institution
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with a high level of accuracy in calculations and design
· Excellent time management skills to ensure project deadlines are met
· Ability to coordinate more than one project at a time
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Jefferson Township has a job opportunity for a Draftsman Technician/(Engineering Aide). Applicants must have knowledge of AutoCAD and GIS software and will be working under the direction of the Township Engineer.
This is a good opportunity to gain the engineering experience needed to become a professional engineer.
Work on local infrastructure projects (roads, drainage, site improvements, utilities, mapping, construction inspection, etc.) and review/inspect land development projects.
This is a full-time position with salary and benefits based on experience. The appointee will be required to possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license.
Emails with resumes attached can be sent directly to my email firstname.lastname@example.org and copy Erica Vinales at email@example.com.
Civil Engineering Field Engineer/Assistant Team Leader
Minimum requirement: Bachelor’s Degree
Salary range: $35/hr to $41/hr.
The position assists Senior Inspector with inspection, inventory updates, and analysis for structures identified by the client. Inspection results are to be documented using forms, photographs, sketches, and remarks in accordance with the DOT Inspection Manual. Inspection Software is used to document inspection results and inventory updates.
Email resume to:
Jun Ma, PE
JUNMA Engineering PLLC
188 Montague Street, Suite 405, Brooklyn, NY 11201
Company: JZN Engineering
Entry level geotechnical engineer (Staff Professional)
0 to 3 years’ experience
Able to obtain PE in the future
BS degree prefer MS degree
Team Player and works well with others
Good Writing Skills
Background in Geotechnical Engineering Principals
Sr.Water Treatment Plant Operator /Sr. Maintenance Mechanic - This individual must be able to perform semi-skilled work in the operation and maintenance of the water treatment plant and related equipment. Clean, service, maintain, and repair plant pumps, valves, motors, and other equipment. Adjust, regulate, and make significant and minor repairs to chemical feed machines, chlorinators, meter indicators, flow meters, and other mechanical equipment. Perform maintenance and repairs on the facility equipment Applicant works under the supervision of the Water Treatment Plant supervisor or Water Treatment plant operator within the water plant operations. The candidate should have knowledge and experience in the maintenance, repair, and installation of water infrastructure or residential/commercial plumbing.
Utility Locator - Must possess an H.S. Diploma, G.E.D, or the equivalent. 1 + year/s of relevant work-related experience reading blueprints and reviewing maps for utility information is acceptable. Required knowledge and abilities include: - Interpretation of G.I.S. data - Basic utility infrastructure - Use of locating devices - Familiarity or understanding of electrical and gas plates from various utility companies
Instrumentation & Controls Tech - Must possess an Associate's degree in electronics ( or an equivalent) or at least three years of relevant work-related experience. 2 years of electronic repair work of motor controls and transformers are also sufficient. Preferred certifications include Controlled Electronics, Instrumentation, and Programming Logic Controllers. Candidates must be able to: - Read blueprints, pipe layouts, electronic and P.I.D. diagrams - Troubleshoot, repair, configure and program automated control systems, V.F.D.s, flow/pressure/temperature monitors, process analyzers, S.C.A.D.A (Supervisory and Control Data Acquisition)
Senior Water Treatment Plant Operator - Minimum of two years of experience operating, adjusting, regulating, repairing, and maintaining electric motors, pump valves, and other electrical and mechanical equipment used in a water treatment plant, pumping station, or filtration plant. Possession of a New Jersey D.E.P. Tl or higher water treatment license.
Chemist - Graduating from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in chemistry, environmental science, microbiology, or a closely related scientific field - Understand the procedures, techniques, and equipment used in water treatment labs. - Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis, knowledge of federal and state water treatment regulations, and knowledge of organic and inorganic chemistry.
Laboratory Technician Water Analysis Trainee. - Minimum. Thirty-semester hour credits at an accredited college. Eight-semester hour credits in chemistry and a course in organic chemistry may be substituted for the experience.
Laboratory Technician Water Analysis (Bilingual) - Bilingual in Spanish and English. Minimum of one year of experience conducting basic chemical tests on water samples. Thirty-semester hour credits at an accredited college. Eight-semester hour credits in chemistry and a course in organic chemistry may be substituted for the experience.
Research Aide/Sample Collector Trainee - The position will assist in duties associated with sampling collection, general analysis of water samples, responding to customer water quality, and collecting process and regulatory samples at the city-owned facilities.
Primary Duties/ Responsibilities: - Makes daily visits to Treatment/ Distribution System sampling sites, at which time the following duties are performed: - Collects weekly samples from the distribution system as assigned and supports the Water Quality/Production Team - Tabulates data collected from sampling sites. - Collects watershed (river/reservoir) samples for laboratory analyses. - Accumulates samples from on Distribution System as required for analyses to support customer water quality inquiries. - Makes field determinations of taste and odor, treats samples for dissolved oxygen analysis and records water temperatures, pH, and chlorine residuals. - Ability to effectively communicate with customer
Research Aide/Sample Collector (Bilingual) - Bilingual in Spanish and English. - SPECIAL SKILL - Applicants must be able to read, write, speak, understand, or communicate in Spanish and English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position.
Sr. Engineer ( Water and Waste Water Operations) -This position reports to the Chief Engineer or assigns an alternate, requiring professional and field staff supervision. Graduating from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in civil, mechanical, or electrical engineering requires interacting with vendors, contractors, consultants, the public, and local, County, State, and federal public agency representatives.
Principal Engineer (Construction and Maintenance) -This position reports to the Chief Engineer Sewers or assigns alternate, requiring professional and field staff supervision. Requires the ability to interact with vendors, contractors, consultants, the public, and local, County, State, and federal public agency representatives. This position involves planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, controlling, designing, preparing, and completing various engineering projects. This position primarily involves but is not limited to design bidding and construction oversight of municipal potable water and sanitary sewer improvement projects. In addition, reviewing water & sewer engineering aspects of residential and commercial land development applications for compliance with municipal codes and accepted standards, coordinated plan reviews with the other Departments, performed field inspections, and prepared punch lists. Additional duties include preparing the New Jersey Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (N:J.P:DES.) Permit application; The position requires interaction and coordination of responsibilities with all Divisions.
Requirements: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master's degree, P.E, or 7 to 10 years of relevant work experience in civil, mechanical, or electrical engineering. Involving Water/Waste Water and Storm Water project, design, installation, review
G.I.S. Engineer - Graduate of an accredited college/university with a Master's or minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience. Requirements also include: - In-depth knowledge of G.I.S. standards and a comprehensive understanding of enterprise systems, technologies, and applications. - Familiarity or experience with A.R.C.G.I.S., E.R.S.I., Arclnfo, and AutoCAD (data management) - Extensive knowledge of the principal architecture of computer graphics systems and proficiency in developing HTML, tools, and web platforms. - Advanced knowledge of leaner reference systems and technologies of G.P.S. data acquisitions (skills should include designing and implementing G.I.S. services of high-end requirements). - Strong analytical, comprehensive, communicative, and problem-solving abilities.
Engineering Trainee - Graduation from an accredited college with a bachelor's degree in civil or environmental engineering.
Chief Accountant or Assistant Chief Accountant - Graduate from an accredited college with a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, and Business Administration with at least five years' experience in Finance, Accounting, Budgeting, and Financial Analysis. Requirements must also include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists with developing, coordinating, and preparing the department's annual consolidated - Operating/Capital Budget to ensure adequate funding for all planned expenditures. - Assists in monitoring departments' monthly performance against budget, utilizing multiple databases and other tools to research details/explanations for variances, and preparing reports, providing recommendations to departments and executive management regarding budget threats and solutions. - Performs and maintains complex technical and financial analyses and special projects, including but not limited to contract analysis, cost reduction programs, trend analysis, etc. - Assess potential financial/budgetary impacts on the operating budget and recommend and implement necessary data-driven modifications. - Develops and maintains a thorough multi-year expenditure analysis and projection for departments, including data and other key performance indicators to support such predictions. - Coordinates and develops financial policies, systems, methods, and processes to ensure sound financial management and control of the budget process. - Ability to perform all budget unit responsibilities relative to the collection, delinquencies, and accounts payable. - Research and compile data in response to informational requests from O.P.R.A., State agencies, and internal/executive management. - Performs other ad-hoc duties concerning the budget unit's responsibilities. - Provide oversight and direction to procurement staff in the performance of tasks. - Perform periodic reviews of accounts, making recommendations for adjustments as needed. - Miscellaneous projects as requested by Director, Assistant Director, or Senior Management - Provide excellent customer service to all internal/external customers
Additional Experience Requirements: - Knowledge of Microsoft Office components (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word). - Efficient with creating Ad-Hoc reports, analyses, and correspondences required. - Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required - Knowledge of PeopleSoft is strongly recommended, while any financial software knowledge preferred
Principal Accountant or Senior Accountant - Graduate from an accredited college with a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, and Business Administration with at least three years of experience in Finance, Accounting, Budgeting, and Financial Analysis. Requirements must also include but are not limited to the following: - Create and process GIL journal entries to ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial data. - Perform and review analyses of payroll and GIL accounts; identify and resolve reconciling items and accounting issues on a timely basis. - Assist and coordinate information requests for internal and external audits. - Assist with year-end balancing and reconciliation for accurate reporting. - Maintain monthly posting of Creditable months for RRB reporting. - Process daily, weekly, and monthly revenue reports of all incoming receivables - Reconcile cash reports from the tax department, Lockbox, E-box, and mail-in payments. - Run queries, obtain downloads, and prepare detailed spreadsheets and rep01ts for all levels of management to facilitate the flow of information and resolution of issues about payroll, receivables, and account payables - Maintain finance system profile for troubleshooting issues, implementing new processes, and periodic vendor profile upgrades. - Miscellaneous projects as requested by Director, Assistant Director, and Senior Management - Provide excellent customer service to all internal/external customers
Additional Experience Requirements: Payroll experience preferred, Must have an intermediate or advanced proficiency level in M.S. Excel, Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Interviews will be conducted in Colton Hall.
PSEG is looking to hire a Principal Staff Engineer.
Location: Newark, NJ, US
PSEG Company: Public Service Electric & Gas Co.
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business.
View the job posting & apply here.
Structural Preservation Systems is looking to fill several Project Engineer positions, as they are constantly growing!
Please note that the main office is located at 104 Wagaraw Road Hawthorne, NJ 07506, and employees would have to commute to the city frequently to visit Jobsite
Environmental Inspector - Click here
- The Saban Engineering Group, Inc. seeks to employ full-time Industrial Hygiene / Environmental Field Technicians for its projects in New York City and New Jersey. The Saban Engineering Group, Inc. is a growing commercial environmental consulting/testing firm that operates its own environmental laboratory. This position offers the chance to work for a stable company that is team-oriented and offers growth opportunities within the organization.
- No experience is necessary, just a desire to learn technical skills and become proficient in common environmental work practices and procedures.
Entry Level Laboratory Analyst - Asbestos - Click here
- The Saban Engineering Group, Inc. is currently seeking a full time Laboratory Analyst specializing in Asbestos analysis for its laboratory location in its Lyndhurst, NJ laboratory location. The Saban Engineering Group, Inc. is a growing commercial environmental testing laboratory. This position offers the chance to work for a stable company that is team oriented and offers growth opportunities within the organization.
- No laboratory experience is necessary
Industrial Hygiene/Environmental Field Technician - Click here
- The Saban Engineering Group, Inc. is currently seeking to employ full time Industrial Hygiene / Environmental Field Technicians for its projects in New York City and New Jersey. The Saban Engineering Group, Inc. is a growing commercial environmental consulting/testing firm that operates it own environmental laboratory. This position offers the chance to work for a stable company that is team oriented and offers growth opportunities within the organization.
- No experience is necessary
The Township of West Orange is seeking a Full-Time Entry Level Engineering Aide to support the Department of Public Works Division of Engineering to assist in the office and field inspections for a variety of capital improvement projects. Under the supervision of the Municipal Engineer and Assistant Municipal Engineer assists with grant applications, cost estimates, maps, and exhibits using computer-aided drafting and other engineering duties including field inspections under the supervision of Inspector.
Minimum Requirements: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associate’s Degree in Engineering Science or Engineering Technology, Construction Engineering Technology, or related work in the field of civil engineering and a valid New Jersey driver’s license in good standing.
Please email (only) a letter of interest, resume, references, salary requirements, and a completed application available at https://www.westorange.org/DocumentCenter/View/574/Application-for-Township-Employment-?bidId to EngineeringAide@westorange.org. EOE.