Continuously Operating Base Station at NJIT
The GPS base station was established thanks to grants from the New Jersey Society of Professional Land Surveyors and Leica.
NGS has renamed the base station, now that it has a new position. It is now posted as nji2.
The following coordinates reflect the relocated basestation, as of June 11, 2001.
Latitide: 40 degrees 44' 29.30562" N
Longitude: 74 degrees 10' 39.72764" W
Ellipsoidal Height: 17.928 m
Observation data at 5 second intervals are now available form NGS. For the most current antenna position, click here.
- General Information on CORS base stations
- Quick lesson on file name convention
- Download NJIT Base Station Data by selecting Site NJ-Newark, nji2 (replaces njit) (as shown in the figure above).
- Additional documentation on CORS Data
- Download recent Leica Almanac